Untitled

Untitled
.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

VIETNAM - Food, Sweat, Water Monitoring & A Constant Lack of Sleep

I am in Vietnam! 8 Days, 5 cities and a serious lack of sleep. 
It is all okay though, because when do I ever get the chance again to do everything I am doing here? 
I have been able to talk to professors from the Trade University in Hanoi, get dinner with Students from the University, talk to the Asian Development Bank, discuss economic issues with the American Consulate in Saigon, listen to a talk about the Mekong Delta given by one of the most knowledgeable experts on the topic, talk to a mayor of a rural town about water issues, go out measure water levels and conduct interviews with local farmers and then present our case findings to him and finally eat all this amazing food. 
The heat is really intense though and does make you realize that a slower pace is key. 

The people here are so incredible! The smiles I receive are in the ten thousands and I am so happy that people seem to share my enthusiasm for happiness here. It is truly great to talk to such energetic people!

It has been 8 wild days and I am exhausted! We are heading to the Cambodian border tomorrow and then will spend the next 7 days in my favorite country EVER. I CAN'T WAIT! 

Due to my exhaustion I do no want to bore you with an extensive post and will use this lighting speed internet to post some pictures of the past couple days. 

My birthday lies 10 days in the past and I still have not replied to any of the amazing emails I have received. I had my birthday right during finals week and we drove down to Vietnam 12 hours after our last final. Time really is not something I have here. However, I am so incredibly happy to have so many loving and great people around me who support me every step along the way! Thank you all for your great thoughts! It is very much appreciated. 
I will write as soon as I have time! 


THE FOOD IS AMAZING. 
I am pretty sure the best Asian food I have ever had



This was Breakfast
The Coffee here is absolutely mind blowing. They make it with condense milk, which makes it incredibly unhealthy, but so delicious. 



Presenting on the Mekong Delta - Yes, I am aware of the hat 



First time I have seen a pineapple plant!!! 



More mind blowing food! This is called Bun Cha. It is barbecued pork in fish sauce with everything great about this earth. 





I found my name sake and this friendly nun showed me around 




Looking for animals in a wanter plant's root system 



Checking Water Quality 



After one of the interviews




Gathering all the info from the interviews and making a presentation. Most tired I have ever been. 



Presenting our findings 



Picture with the mayor. (white polo shirt) 


No comments:

Post a Comment